Advertisements

Peter Reynolds

The life and times of Peter Reynolds

How Long Until This Wicked And Deranged Woman Steps Down?

with 9 comments

Can you be deranged and still wicked, or does an unbalanced mind excuse immoral and harmful actions?

In the case of Theresa May there can be no excuse.  Her wickedness is persistent and has been since 2010 when she entered government as Home Secretary.  She refuses properly to consider the consequences of her actions. She refuses properly to consider expert advice and evidence.  Her explanations of why she persists with damaging policies are at best disingenuous but more often deliberately deceptive. She runs everything on the basis of her personal opinions, prejudices and with a myopic determination that some mistake for strength but is actually bull-headed ignorance.

Her continual evasion of proper answers on NHS funding must be her most serious deception.  Yes, the NHS may well be seeing more patients, performing more operations, receiving more funding every year but the gap between demand and delivery is widening ever further.  Does she think the electorate is so stupid as to be taken in by her deflection and refusal to answer questions properly?  Perhaps she does.  Many politicians seem to think they can get away with such bluster and deceit and there is so much fatigue over the nonsense these people try to palm us off with that, to an extent, she is correct.  The electorate is not provided with proper means to hold our politicians to account because of course it is politicians that would have to implement such reform.

She is exactly the same on nearly all issues.  She has successfully buried the child sexual abuse scandal, the misconduct of the British press and the refusal to continue with the Leveson Inquiry, the criminal complicity of local and national government in the Grenfell Tower tragedy.  She is deceit and untruth personified when it comes to the Carillion scandal and all aspects of government outsourcing which is a deeply corrupt policy, not in the interests of anyone except politicians. And what other leader anywhere in the world, apart from the murderous thug President Durterte of the Philippines, has recently called for a continuance of the war on drugs?

Like most UK voters I am tired, cynical and fed up about the behaviour of our politicians who are entirely self-regulating, self-serving and have no interest in making themselves properly accountable.  They have all forgotten that they’re there to serve us and not the other way round.

At two periods in my life I have been a member of the Conservative Party but I fervently hope that at the next election the party receives the biggest drubbing ever in its history.

I am also now firmly of the opinion that religion can play no part in politics and any politician who calls on their religious faith as some sort of qualification for public office should be disbarred for life.  I consider that people should be free to pursue whatever belief they wish as long as they do not impose on or affect others but to bring such delusion into any aspect of public life should result in summary dismissal.  This is the 21st century.  Any politician such as Theresa May who proclaims her faith as a factor in the way she works is not fit for public office.

Hopefully the one thing Theresa May has achieved is to make the Conservative Party unelectable for a very long time.  Even better would be that is is destroyed and the centre right of UK politics has to rebuild itself under a new banner.  I am not optimistic about a Labour government.  I admire Corbyn even though I don’t agree with him about many policies but it is the Labour MPs who concern me, most of whom are exactly the same as Tories, only out for themselves.

Never since the time of Cromwell has this country been so ripe for revolution.  I don’t expect it to happen imminently but unless the younger MPs can work together to reinvigorate our politics then I do believe Britain will continue to slide towards some sort of violent uprising. We cannot, we must not and we should not tolerate any longer the weak, ineffectual and corrupt politicians that have led our country for the last 30 years.

Advertisements

Written by Peter Reynolds

January 18, 2018 at 5:14 pm

9 Responses

1. President Duterte is President of the Philippines but apart from that I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Karen D

January 19, 2018 at 12:28 pm

• Thank you. You’re correct of course and I’ve edited it accordingly.

Peter Reynolds

January 19, 2018 at 12:31 pm

2. Very interesting Peter and I completely agree with your arguments. All the way up until the 2015 GE, I voted and supported the conservatives. Last April (2017 GE) after hearing Theresa May doing the rounds on TV I decided I could not support her pig-headed, dull and intransigent demeanour anymore. I voted Lib Dems as the best of a worst bunch (also for their Legalisation policy). Whilst Theresa May and her socially conservative, religious bed fellows remain in power I will not vote for the Conservatives.

I think you’re absolutely right about the need for a total revamp (maybe even a purge) of the conservative party, when a majority of their MPs are constantly stuck in a rose-tinted nostalgia of Britain’s past, they are unable to provide innovative new policies as solutions to modern problems. We could make huge savings across the prison, police and health services by going down the legalisation of drugs route whilst also ensuring children are less able to access illicit substances; this is the epitome of conservative policy thinking, with similar policies being supported by conservative think-tanks and institutions like the Adam Smith Institute, etc… yet Theresa May cannot tolerate any socially liberal policy on her watch (look at her voting record on same-sex marriage for example).

I think the most honest way to look at this government though is to look at; the numbers of homeless (huge numbers of veterans), the state of prisons & prisoners, patients in hospital, care for the elderly, welfare for the poor and remind yourself how a society treats its most vulnerable is always the measure of its humanity. This government has very little.

Kick out Jacob Rees-Mogg, Kick out Theresa May, and all the socially conservative bigots. Completely reform conservative party membership, provide membership at £3 a pop (just like Labour), allow all conservative party members a say and an equal vote in setting out party policy, and Ban any member that has expressed homophobic or racist views; BNP/EDL is that way. A Modern conservative party for the 21st century is direly needed, If it means the Conservative party is exiled to the wild or a decade and a half then so be it.

Rory Hanna

January 19, 2018 at 1:09 pm

• I agree completely. I was a member of the Conservative Party until August last year but I resigned in disgust when Theresa May said she was staying on. The party is dominated by out-of-touch, out-of-date bigots. It has destroyed itself and caused immense damage to the UK in the process.

Peter Reynolds

January 19, 2018 at 1:57 pm

3. We do not have a democracy any more. The veneer of one is there but what we have is an elected dictatorship. They are voted in and proceed to bypass the democratic process by any means possible.

I have never voted Conservative in my life and could never, under any circumstances, be persuaded to do so. I have too much consideration for my fellow human beings to vote for a party that has none.

A revolution is indeed coming and I wonder just how far the Tories have to go to kick it off. They are certainly pressing all the right buttons. They demonise minorities and soon these minorities will add up to a majority. They serve big business under the pretence of democracy for the masses.

I am lucky enough to live in Scotland where there is an alternative to these policies but how long that will last I am not sure. Ruth Davidson is cosying up to the bigots and racists and actively encouraging them. Everything from the snow to the A&E figures is used by them, and their Red Tory helpers to beat the Scottish Government with. The Holyrood parliament is under threat as it was the EU who forced it on Westminster and the Tories would be happy to see the back of what they see as a stumbling block on their way to forcing their policies on a UK wide electorate.

The UK as it was is finished and I sincerely hope that the English waken up to that fact. Scotland is awake and doing their morning stretch and we will soon be off. Perhaps that is what it will take for the English to open their eyes and take back control of their country.

Andy MacNicol

January 19, 2018 at 3:55 pm

• Admirable rant from Peter and Andy is completely correct. Scotland is a totally different country for many reasons – not least that in the SNP they have a party, government and cause which, to a remarkable, if still not perfect, extent, unite pragmatic effectiveness with idealism and a committment to the public weal. Come north, Peter – you would find a warm welcome and in an independent Scotland a gateway back into Europe.

Nigel Mace

January 21, 2018 at 11:03 am

4. So agree with you Peter. My parents both die-hard supporters of the ‘old school’ conservative party (with an intentionally small ‘c’) Dad even ran for parliament under Ted Heath & had one of the highest swings in the country for his intended seat in Leigh – 1979. Both parents acknowledged that people weren’t born ‘equal’ & recognised the social & moral responsibility of using the breaks & the priveledges they were fortuitously born into, for the benefit & betterment of the extended community. As an idealistic youngster I still insisted on seeing them as a pair of self indulgent Tories, while I bathed in the self righteous glow of rose-tinted socialism. As I approach my own retirement from teaching after 37 yrs, I see how much closer I am to their view of a decent world. They would despare at the disloyal, amoral, self-serving, dismissive, disrespectful, callous & down right corrupt Conservatives in power today. Whether slightly left, or slightly right of centre… that rational middle ground is where we need to return, to encourage intelligent debate & ‘informed’ decision making. We need to be reminded that we are only ever as strong as the weakest member of our team. My strong, compassionate father demonstrated this reality every day & it’s his dignified ‘old school’ conservatism that’s glaringly absent from this amoral, self-serving Tory Line up. He’ll be turning in his grave poor love!

Philippa McGuire

January 29, 2018 at 3:21 pm

5. Very interesting read. I was wondering at what 2 points in your life you were a conservative? I’m 55 and I don’t remember a conservative party that would have chimed with an insightful intelligent world view that you appear to possess.

dogwoodchris

February 1, 2018 at 6:31 pm

• I joined in 1979 to support Margaret Thatcher who was then elected PM. I think she was a wonderful leader, not perfect by any means but I admire her immensely. I joined again in July 2016 shortly after the EU referendum. I had been a LibDem member but resigned in disgust at the party’s position on Brexit. I joined the Conservative Party because I thought this was a time when our future would be shaped and I wanted to influence the direction of the party which I thought then would probably be in power for the rest of my life.

I was horrified when Theresa May became leader. She was the epitome of the sort of Tory attitudes I dislike. I thought she spoke well to begin with and it seemed she would only be a temporary leader. I resigned in disgust when she announced she was staying on. Now she has, in my opinion, destroyed the party.

Peter Reynolds