Advertisements

Peter Reynolds

The life and times of Peter Reynolds

Last Week The Anti-Cannabis Gutter Press Launched An Attack On Mike Barnes. This Week It’s My Turn.

with 6 comments

Jonathan Bucks

An email popped into my inbox this morning announcing the Mail on Sunday’s intention to ‘do a hatchet job’ on me in tomorrow’s edition, just as it did to my friend and colleague Mike Barnes last weekend.  The email and my response are published below.

Evidently, cub reporter Jonathan Bucks took umbrage at my response to his work last weekend. My tweets from my own account and CLEAR’s seem to have upset him.  It’s no surprise at all of course to see a Mail publication using its power to bully an individual. That’s the way the Fleet Street Mafia works.  Six years ago it branded me a ‘cannabis zealot’ because I insisted on some scientific accuracy rather than hysterical scaremongering. See: ‘Boasts of cannabis zealot who forced anti-drugs JP to quit: Campaigner who made complaint says drug is ‘safer than peanuts”

From: Jonathan Bucks <Jonathan.Bucks@mailonsunday.co.uk>
Sent: 15 December 2018 09:37
To: peterreynolds@clear-uk.org
Subject: Mail on Sunday request

Hi Peter

Jonathan Bucks from the Mail on Sunday here.

Tomorrow (16th) we will be running a story naming both you and CLEAR. Specifically, we will be reporting that CLEAR has changed its policy and is encouraging people to buy cannabis seeds so they can grow their own cannabis. This is despite CLEAR’s claims that it ‘does not advocate, condone or encourage breaking the law’ and it ‘exists to promote a change in the law by legitimate means’.

We will also be reporting that in the past you have made anti-Semitic and homophobic comments on your blog. We will be reporting that you described Jewish people as ‘evil’ and Israel as ‘the Nazi power in the world’.

We will also report that you wrote: ‘Homosexuality is a perversion from the norm and gay culture has been allowed virtually to extinguish heterosexual influence in the fashion industry.’

This is a chance for you to make any comments you wish regarding the change in policy, as well as explain the offensive remarks you have made in the past.

I would be grateful if you could please get back to me by 3pm today (15th).

Kind regards

Jonathan Bucks

Mail on Sunday reporter

From: peter@peter-reynolds.co.uk <peter@peter-reynolds.co.uk>
Sent: 15 December 2018 11:29
To: ‘Jonathan Bucks’ <Jonathan.Bucks@mailonsunday.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Mail on Sunday request

Dear Jonathan,

Yes, CLEAR has changed its policy on home cultivation.  It is no longer against the law to use cannabis for medicinal purposes and I congratulate Sajid Javid on taking the law out of the equation completely.  The problem now is an appalling ignorance of the science and the evidence amongst doctors. While lack of knowledge can be excused, bigotry, refusal to educate themselves and placing their caution and fear above the interests of patients cannot.  The dreadful NHS guidelines are preventing patients accessing the medicine they need and it seems only private doctors have the courage to make their own decisions.  In these circumstances the ethical and economical choice is to grow your own.

I am neither anti-semitic nor homophobic. On the contrary, I regard tolerance and liberty as the most important principles. Only those who seek to twist my words make these deliberate misinterpretations.

I do not regard Jewish people as evil.  In some ways they are as much victims of the evil Israeli regime as all the inhabitants of Palestine.  It is a fact that the violent oppression, apartheid and vicious policies pursued by Netanyahu’s war criminal government are closely comparable with the Nazi regime.

Yes, homosexual culture does dominate the fashion industry which is an imbalance that would be better corrected.  The context of my remarks was in discussing dangerously underweight models who look more like boys than women. It will be no surprise to see your ‘newspaper’ publish my remarks out of context. See my full article from 2009 here: https://peter-reynolds.co.uk/2009/06/13/size-0-the-politically-incorrect-truth/

Thank you for asking for my comments.  My remarks are not offensive unless you choose to interpret them that way.  I have been subject to the same and similar fake allegations and smears previously.  The High Court considered whether they could be justified and as a result issued an Injunction prohibiting their repetition in 2014, see https://peterreynolds.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/high-court-injunction-250714.pdf

A very Merry Christmas to you.

Kind regards,

Peter Reynolds

Advertisements

Written by Peter Reynolds

December 15, 2018 at 11:56 am

6 Responses

1. Well it’s not known as the “daily fail” or the “daily he’ll!” But this just shows they are desperate, this shows me you are winning and they do not like it one bit! I never read “news papers” like this as it’s really a racist right wing propaganda rag! Look up *Gordon dimmack* on youtube for unbiased news, I look forward to you having your day in court! Best wishes this Christmas and a happy new year peter.

Stephen Brophy

December 15, 2018 at 1:10 pm

2. No doubt our government are steering the mail( and most likely other “government friendly” outlets) in this direction., Theresa May and her cohorts will do ANYTHING to stop the progression of drug reform or even reverse such reform as we do have, ( which in my view is purely cosmetic anyway), the main tactic will be so ow division and then qui9etly tweak law and policy to try and reverse the trend of reform.The government will not accept any evidence that it has no control over, that is why it basically dismisses international evidence concerning the efficacy of cannabis. and trots out the tired and frankly absurd claim that there is”insufficient evidence to justify wider access to cannabis”.

Shaun O'Connor

December 15, 2018 at 1:42 pm

3. Reblogged this on roscia2010.

roscia2010

December 17, 2018 at 8:26 am

4. Hello Peter could you possibly tell me how to join a cannabis club my partner and I have a multitude of health conditions, one of mine is fibromyalgia, partner epilepsy and brain injury, thank you Tracy

Tracy Robinson

January 6, 2019 at 3:09 pm

5. The Mail On Sunday and Daily Mail have nothing worth saying, they do not have a constructive argument for prohibition other than spouting Babylons propaganda and lies about psychosis and the streets will be awash if its legalised and bleating about the effect on kids like reverend Lovejoys wife on the Simpsons.
    Seems they havent noticed those youths on BMX’s everywhere selling gram deals for a tenner.
    So last week the Mail On Sundays shocking reseach revealed that herb grinders, pipes and bongs were on sale in newsagents and petrol stations nation wide and blatantly displayed next to the crisps and choccys like this is an outrage against common decency and something brand new.
    Their so called journalists obviously do not get out much then, or they need a white stick and a Labrador.
    They described it as Cannabis Kit, to make it sound more than it is and make it valid somehow, but just come off looking more stupid than ever with these articles where they are effectively clutching at straws.
    None of these articles are illegal to buy, sell or own, nor is it illegal to consume Cannabis, unfortunately it is illegal to posses, but that hasn’t stopped us.
    The fact grinders and paraphernalia is sold in newsagents clearly demonstrates that most people today know it is not a problem and less harmful than rum, even if they do not smoke it.
    This weekend the Mail On Sunday are having a good whinge about Mike Barnes and the Academy of Medical Cannabis web site, questioning the advice to smoke joints or ingest Cannabis to consume it for medicinal purposes.
    Whether smoking a joint of just Cannabis no shag or vaping some Cannabis bud or resin it is easier to manage dosage than ingesting Cannabis in food, also when you ingest it your along for the ride, unless you eat small amounts to feel the effect and work out a dosage, but its hit and miss.
    Also they point out the sites connection with European Cannabis Holdings which is mentioned on the terms and conditions page as though this is done to deceive, sounds like an appropriate and logical place to mention the link there is no About Us page.
    Its business as usual at the Mail on Sunday and Daily Mail we can only expect more of the same drivel after all its is what they do best chat shyte…

Pete